Sunday, June 12, 2005

Crazy Train

You know that you've come of age when you see young girls dancing to Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train. Here's a song of rebellion - the guy was known eating small animals like bats on stage. Gimmick or not, he was someone your parents did not want you to listen to.

I'm sitting at my daughter's dance performance. All the sudden the senior (meaning 14-18) troupe is dancing to Crazy Train. They even employ ballet moves in the song. Then another group dances to "Dancing with Myself" by Billy Idol. Jazz moves, ballet? Of course I'm having fun because I enjoy the music, but then I think, "Were these songs ever intended to be danced to, especially in this way?"

In between performances, I go with my daughter to Jamba Juice. There Billy Joel's "You May be Right" is playing. It feels like manna from heaven. My music everywhere...how cool is this.

Then I realized, that 10 years from now, they'll be playing and dancing to rap...argh.

No comments: